Neurodiversity is a concept that’s been around for a while. In a nutshell, it means that brain differences are just that: differences. So conditions like ADHD and Autism aren’t “abnormal.” They’re simply variations of the human brain.
The idea of Neurodiversity can have benefits for kids with learning and thinking differences. This concept helps reduce the stigma around learning and thinking differences.
It encourages people to view neurodevelopmental differences such as autism, dyslexia and dyspraxia as natural and normal variations of the human genome. Furthermore, it encourages them to reject the culturally entrenched negativity which has typically surrounded those that live, learn experience the world in a particular way that is sometimes perceived as different.
The term neurodiversity usually refers to range of specific learning differences including:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD) also referred to as Dyspraxia
- Developmental Language Disorder (DLD)
- Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Intellectual Disability
- Tourettes and Tic disorders
- Specific Learning Disorder/ Differences e.g Dyslexia, Dyscalculia.
SIZING: These lanyards are one size (standard lanyard size 90cm (45cm length) and will fit teens/adults. They also have the safety clip on the back for extra safety.
1 LANYARD: This listing is for one lanyard.